Epoch 256 – 200 Blocks Produced!

Statistics for Epoch 256

Estimated number of blocks : 5.8

Block Allocated : 6

Blocks Produced : 6

Luck* : 103%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 3

Community-driven stake pools are producing 98% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 2% produced by federated IOG nodes. In the next epoch all blocks will be produced by the stake pool operators and the block production will be completely decentralised. There is still work to do in the decentralised area like nodes on the network discovering other nodes which is centralised at the moment but this will come with P2P which is being worked on.

A good epoch for us with six blocks produced bringing us to a grand total of two hundred blocks produced! We are still waiting for the next release of the 1.26.x cardano node to help with the issue that causes the network to freeze two days after the start of an epoch while some accounting is carried out and we hope this arrives soon. Other than that it has been a quiet epoch and we are scheduled to produce three blocks in the next epoch on an expectation of six, so the block allocation lottery is not being particularly kind to us over the last few epochs, but this will change.

Not much else to report we have a couple of new delegators this epoch so welcome to you and as usual many thanks to those who continue to delegate with us it really is appreciated and helps us run the pool. We wish you all the best for the next epoch and we will be back with a short update and the end of the next epoch.

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more blocks and some less but over time it should even out.