Epoch 253

Statistics for Epoch 253

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 5.2

Block Allocated : 7

Blocks Produced : 7

Luck* : 134%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 2

Community-driven stake pools are producing 92% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 8% produced by federated IOG nodes. Estimated date for complete decentralisation of the Cardano block-chain is 31st March 2021.

A nice epoch with an above number of blocks allocated. Well all good things have to come to an end and that has happened as next epoch it looks like we will be allocated two blocks but as we keep saying that is the nature of the beast and the lottery of block allocation. We definitely should not buy lottery tickets this week.

Not too much to report as it has been a quiet epoch apart from the two day issue where nodes do some calculation of rewards and this stops the network processing transactions and this seems to be getting worse each epoch. This epoch the network was not processing transactions for 10 minutes which is where our monitoring script decides something is seriously wrong and restarts the server (after many warnings before this of no transactions processed). So we saw our relays and block producing nodes reboot but this was fine as a test of the system and we knew we had no blocks allocated around that time. Apparently this problem will be resolved in the next version of the cardano-node software so we look forward to this.

Again we have some new stakers so welcome to you and hope you stick with us even though the next epoch will not be the greatest, things will even out. Thanks to all of you who continue to stake with us, we wish you all a great next five days and see you with a brief updates at the end of the next epoch.