Epoch 250 – End of an Era

Statistics for Epoch 250

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 5.1

Block Allocated : 7 (8 predicted – only seven seen on the node)

Blocks Produced : 7

Luck* : 137%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 8

Community-driven stake pools are producing 86% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 14% produced by federated IOG nodes. Estimated date for complete decentralisation of the Cardano block-chain is 31st March 2021.

Quiet epoch we had one less block than predicted but that block was not seen by the nodes as a block we were leader on so this is something we will monitor closely in the next epoch. Mary HFC (Hard Fork Combinator) event takes place at the start of the next epoch and we will be in the multi-asset era with smart contracts coming next in Q2. There was also some discussion that new tokens transactions could be paid for with that tokens tokens and not ADA and that is here but this would rely on Stake Pool Operators paying transaction fees and getting a ratio of the token for payment for the service. This sounds interesting but not sure what happens to transactions that are not picked up i.e. no Stake Pools want the token and it would introduce extra effort for the SPO’s to create there own rates for each token. Lets see how this plays out but for now any fees will be paid in ADA.

We have three new delegators this epoch so we welcome you to our pool and hope you enjoy staking with us and of course thanks to all of you who continue to stake with us. We wish you all a great next epoch and will get back with a short summary at the end of the next epoch.

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more blocks and some less but over time it should even out.