Epoch 249 – KISS

Statistics for Epoch 249

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 5.1

Block Allocated : 13

Blocks Produced : 12

Luck* : 240%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 8

Community-driven stake pools are producing 84% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 16% produced by federated IOG nodes. Estimated date for complete decentralisation of the Cardano block-chain is 31st March 2021.

One of the best epochs ever with twelve blocks produced but also we lost our first ever block since the start of the pool. We actually did not make the first block that was predicted and looking at the logs there is no evidence we were ever assigned it so it seems it was made by the still active IOG federated nodes which produce 16% of blocks. This will stop when all blocks are made by the pool operators at the end of March.

Interesting news with Gene Simmons (from the band KISS) purchasing ADA , hey maybe he will stake them with us the GENE pool, we can but hope :D. Talking about celebs maybe we are getting trolled by Elon but who knows and in reality we don’t need it, the technology and use will win the day!

We have not heard much about Mary in the last few days. There is a new Daedalus (3.3.1) and Yoroi (4.0.3) release to support the multi-assets and we assume it is being activated this epoch so it will be ready for the next but we await more information.

The network is still busy as we are writing this we can see we are approaching one hundred and eighty thousand transactions and I can see a stage soon when smart contracts are released where we will have to upgrade our servers which will add quite a bit to our costs but this will hopefully be offset by the appreciation in the ADA price. We can reduce the CPU utilisation by turning off one monitoring part of the node, but we are using that to notify us of issues with the nodes so hopefully IOG can optimise this code to reduce the overhead and we can keep the current hardware for longer.

We have a new delegator this epoch so welcome to you if you are reading this and thanks to all of you who continue to stake with us it means everything to us. We look forward to another good epoch and will be back with an update at the end of the next epoch.

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more blocks and some less but over time it should even out.