Epoch 248

Statistics for Epoch 248

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 6.7

Block Allocated : 7

Blocks Produced : 7

Luck* : 104%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 13!

Community-driven stake pools are producing 82% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 18% produced by federated IOG nodes. Estimated date for complete decentralisation of the Cardano block-chain is 31st March 2021.

Another smooth epoch with all blocks produced and with an estimated thirteen (!?!) for the next epoch.

The Mary HFC (Hard Fork Combinator) event is currently set to clear QA on Feb 24th and if that happens and there are no issues then the HFC event will take place March 1st (It takes one epoch to trigger the event). If something comes up then these dates will most likely be pushed an epoch but it has been running on testnet and appears to be fine. For detail about the Mary HFC event and what this means (native tokens) then please read here.

Welcome to our new delegator and we hope you will be happy here and as always thanks to all of you who continue to stake with us! Have a great weekend and and we will get back to you at the end of the next epoch and see if we were allocated thirteen blocks.

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more blocks and some less but over time it should even out.