Epoch 247

Statistics for Epoch 247

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 6.6

Block Allocated : 7

Blocks Produced : 7

Luck* : 106%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 7

Community-driven stake pools are producing 80% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 20% produced by federated IOG nodes. Estimated date for complete decentralisation of the Cardano block-chain is 31st March 2021.

Another steady epoch with allocated blocks as expected and the same for the next epoch. We lost a big delegator (two million) this epoch which is a shame but we thank them for there time here and welcome all delegators no matter how many ADA they have to stake.

We had a couple of incidents this epoch. One of the relays (relays talk to other nodes in the cloud and your producing node. Producing node only talks to your relays) locked up completely but we were alerted and restarted it within a few minutes and this is why it is a good idea to have two or more relays! We also lost our website for a while as there was an upgrade on the hosting machine which managed to break WordPress so this had to be investigated and fixed.

All is still looking good for the Mary HFC (Hard Fork Combinator) event at the end of February. New tokens are being created on the testnet and things seem to be going smoothly there.

That’s it for this epoch and see you all at the end of the next. Thanks to all who continue to stake with us!

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more blocks and some less but over time it should even out.