Epoch 243

Statistics for Epoch 243

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 6.1

Block Allocated : 5

Blocks Produced : 5

Luck* : 82%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 4

Community-driven stake pools are producing 72% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 28% produced by federated IOG nodes. Estimated date for complete decentralisation of the Cardano block-chain is late March 2021.

Were starting to sound like a broken record but we produced all the blocks allocated this epoch and have four allocated for the next epoch which is below what we would hope for but unfortunately we cant influence the lottery. The epoch was quiet although it looks like a new cardano node version 1.25 is close to being ready so we might see this for the next epoch so the nodes will need upgrading.

Thanks to those of you who continue to stake with us and we will post a small update at the end of the next epoch.

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more and some less but over time it should even out.