Epoch 242

Statistics for Epoch 242

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 5.9

Block Allocated : 9

Blocks Produced : 9

Luck* : 152%

Blocks Predicted for the Next Epoch: 5

Community-driven stake pools are producing 70% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 30% produced by federated IOG nodes. Estimated date for complete decentralisation of the Cardano block-chain is late March 2021.

A nice epoch for us with nine block produced and looks like we have five scheduled for the next epoch.

Again a really quiet epoch with not much happening but this will change shortly with the next hard fork due in February. We are still seeing the network pause for a few minutes two days after the start of each epoch so we are hoping we never get allocated a block there as that might not be created. This pause is due to some internal processing on the node software and affects all pools, hopefully IOG can look into this in the future.

That’s it for now, as always thanks to those of you who continue to stake with us and we will post a small update at the end of the next epoch.

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more and some less but over time it should even out.