Epoch 233 – Nice!

Statistics for Epoch 233

Estimated number of blocks (Adapools.org) : 4.2

Block Allocated : 8

Blocks Produced : 8

Luck* : 190%

Community-driven stake pools are producing 62% of all blocks we continue the decentralisation process, the remaining 38% produced by federated IOG nodes. IOG federated block production is reducing by 2% per epoch until all blocks are produced by the community meaning the block-chain is completely decentralised (estimated March 2021).

A really good epoch with 8 blocks allocated and 8 produced against an estimate of 4.2. The new node software is looking good (1.23.0) but there will be a 1.24.0 before the first of the two hard fork events which will deal with voting on chain.

We have not yet seen any major movement of ADA increasing the amount of delegation to our pool following the increase of ‘k’ which decreases the amount of delegation a pool can have before rewards are reduced. This is probably due to a few reasons (1) the big pools are just creating multiple pool versions (2) there are lots of pools (3) we are really not good at marketing :). We still hope we can capture some of the ADA that is being re-staked to other pools but this is not such an easy task. Perhaps we can attract a whale with x millions of ADA – we can but hope!

This is a fantastic ecosystem and we are proud to be part of it. Listening to the monthly update there is so much coming and more announcements on Ada Lovelace’s birthday (10 December). Many thanks to all who continue to stake with us – it seems we have a hard core of delegators who are loyal to us and we always do our best for you. Let’s keep the journey going and see where we are in a few years…

* – Blocks are allocated randomly each epoch based upon total stake a pool has just like a lottery. Luck refers to how many blocks were allocated to a pool against the expected blocks that the pools should produce. Some epochs (5 day periods) you will be allocated more and some less but over time it should even out.